Thank you for visiting our website http://www.sensingclues.org, or using tools from our Platform for Wildlife Intelligence, including the Cluey Tracker and Dat Collector app and the Focus 360 Analytics app. By using our services, you share personal information with us, including digital traces.
Consent and Transparency
We handle your data confidentially, with care and respect
Of course! If you follow our blog, fill out our contact form, request a demo or apply for Registered Use of our Platform for Wildlife Intelligence, we’ll use your details to contact you. These personal data do not leave our mailbox.
If you are accepted as Registered User, your personal data will stored in our Security Database.
Which personal data is being collected?
When you visit our website or fill out one of our forms, we may collect: your email, your first and last name, the name, address and website of your organisation, your motivation or question to contact us, your IP-address (the address from which you visited our website), and your activities on our website.
When you make a donation, we collect your first and last name and your email address. When you donate on behalf of your organisation, we also ask for the name of your organisation.
When you are using the Clues Tracker and Data Collector app, we collect:
- your email and user name and request access to your GPS, your camera and your photo library. Moreover, when you invite Friends within one of your projects, we collect the emails and usernames of these persons as well.
- When you create and share an observation, we collect the following related information: location, date and time, observation tags, possible photo’s and free text, and responses of you and your Friends in response to this observation.
- When you use the Tracker function, we collect your GPS-location at designated intervals, along with the type of track you have selected.
Through our Data Upload Service you can upload data to the Platform for Wildlife Intelligence. If these data contain privacy sensitive data, an additional Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) will be signed to protect these data.
What do we do with these data?
We collect the above personal data to contact you, keep you informed, and to serve you with our Platform for Wildlife Intelligence, including granting you access to the Focus 360 Analytics app which you and the Friends you invited in your project can use to analyse your observations.
In the Focus 360 Analytics app, you are enabled to research the 7 golden questions of: What happened, How, Where, When, What and Who were involved, and Why. To answer these questions, you are enabled to combine them with other data that you may share with us through our Data Upload Service.
What do we not do with these data?
Your personal data will not be sold to others.
Do we share your data with others?
Yes, but only when required legally or if justified for administrative purposes:
- bank, to process payments;
- administrator, to run our administration;
- website hosting service provider, to store the data;
- blog software, to send you our news updates.
With all these partners, we have signed agreements to secure the privacy of our website visitors and platform users are respected.
In addition, in anonymised and pseudonymised form, we may share old data (more than 6 months old) with our research partners for developing insights, methods, algorithms, and other tools that advance our mission to turn wild spaces into safe havens.
Your personal data are well protected
We take data security very serious.
- Our website is SSL-protected (you can recognise that by the secure sign at the beginning of our url)
- Your data is stored in the Security Database of MarkLogic, awarded the most secure NoSQL-data in the world.
How long do we keep your data?
Not longer than necessary to reach the goal for which the data was being collected. More specifically:
- Personal data of existing clients will not be kept longer than two years after terminating our agreement.
- Personal data of potential clients will not be kept longer than two years after initial contact.
There is one exception. Like every Dutch organisation we are legally obliged to keep administrative data, including names, addresses, and invoices, for seven (7) years.
On our website you find a button to subscribe and un-subscribe. In the latter case, your email and related user data will be deleted.
Functional and technical cookies are being used to optimise the functioning of our website and web-based services.
Cookies are small files which are stored on a user’s computer. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a particular client and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer. This allows the server to deliver a page tailored to a particular user, or the page itself can contain some script which is aware of the data in the cookie and so is able to carry information from one visit to the website (or related site) to the next.
You can disable cookies. If you do, the website may not function optimally.
Your right to check and correct
You have the right to check you personal data, correct possible mistakes, or request us to remove your data from our databases. You can contact us and we will fix it within one (1) week. If we do not respond to your satisfaction, you can file a complaint at the Dutch Authority for Personal Data (Nederlandse Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens).
Tips or feedback?
If you have any tips, recommendations or other feedback, you can contact us via our Contact form.
Thank you for reading this!
The Sensing Clues Foundation.